What To Do After a Wreck
The moments directly following a car accident can be extremely confusing. You are disoriented and worried about the wellbeing of the passengers in your car. There are tons of questions spinning through your head. Are you hurt at all? What about the drivers of the other vehicles involved? Whose fault was the wreck? Is your car badly damaged? Are you blocking the flow of traffic? There seem to be a huge number of things to worry about, but it can be difficult to get your mind to slow down to concentrate on anything at all.
The well-being of the people involved should be your number one priority. First, check to make sure no one is seriously injured. Money should be the last thing on your mind. When the time is right, the Stevens Point car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can help determine if you are entitled to compensation. To learn more, contact us today at 800-242-2874.
It is difficult to think clearly when you have just been in a car wreck. Do your best to keep your cool and remember to do these things:
- Check for injuries requiring medical attention.
- Do not talk about the details of the accident with other involved drivers. Wait for the police to arrive and discuss the details with them.
- Get the other driver’s information, including name, phone number, address, insurance provider, policy number, driver’s license number, plate number, and vehicle make, model, and ID number.
- File a police report or car accident report.
- Contact your insurance agent.
While we all hope to avoid car accidents, having a set plan of action can make dealing with one a little less stressful.
If you have been involved in a car accident and are wondering if you may need to take legal action, contact the Stevens Point car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 to learn more about your legal options.